- The ground is becoming very slick. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:05:21
- Division D reports crews are reporting a significant interior collapse from Division 2 onto Division 1. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:07:21
- Think your night is going bad? Imagine scrolling through Twitter only to see video of yourself running from the sc… https://t.co/AFQUhOFu0B 00:12:16
- More dead radio batteries. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:12:36
- E65 (3rd Alarm Company) returning to service from the fire scene. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:19:41
- RT @dieseldog97: Stay safe Omaha firefighters and responders. Sounds like a hell of a situation.
- E53 (3rd Alarm Company) demobilizing from the scene and is enroute to Station 60. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:24:14
- Chicago Command has been passed back to Fire Car 2C. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:24:47
- 2nd Alarm companies beginning to demobilize and return to service as well. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:27:38
- Fire Car 1 Chief Olsen has returned to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:28:51
- T61 returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:29:48
- Fire Car 2B Assistant Chief Salcedo back in service.
R33 returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:32:31
- B5 now assuming Safety. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:46:11
- Light Air 30 returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:46:28
- B7 now in service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:47:46
- T53 returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:49:02
- Fire Car 77 returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:52:48
- Photos of @OmahaFireDept crews operating on scene of a Tuesday evening house fire near 13th and Martha St. https://t.co/3N7ptugZDh 01:04:29
- Chicago Command will be holding a First Alarm assignment and returning all other crews. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 01:08:16
- RT @Mrs_MatherXOXO: Please share. The original post is from an OPD officer. @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/kz8LqmxCrQ 10:08:51
- RT @Get_Rich_: @MeanStreetsOMA right in front of UNO campus on Dodge. Oops! https://t.co/KbtU032boK 10:10:22
- RT @jkjelawrence: @MeanStreetsOMA – accident on southbound 90th just north of Dodge. Hope the driver is doing better than the pole he hit.… 10:10:33
- Listen to the send off here:
https://t.co/inc66atGQd https://t.co/iwYjbTJxtI 10:25:12
- RT @OPDVanessa: Congratulations on 30 years Mark & Jim!
Southwest will not be the same without you guys.
Thank you for your service!… 10:28:30
- RT @MeanStreetsOMA: Photos of @OmahaFireDept crews operating on scene of a Tuesday evening house fire near 13th and Martha St. https://t.co… 10:31:15
- RT @MeanStreetsOMA: @OmahaFireDept https://t.co/i2PF1Dvl59 10:31:19
- RT @MeanStreetsOMA: @OmahaFireDept https://t.co/hPYfU9VZ5e 10:31:22
- RT @MeanStreetsOMA: .@OmahaPolice Investigating Tuesday Afternoon Armed Robbery In North Central Omaha After Suspects Enter Into Adjacent V… 10:32:32
- RT @MeanStreetsOMA: Audio Captures Dramatic Moment Nebraska State Trooper Calls For Assistance After Being Struck By Vehicle Overnight.
- RT @Denimbeard: @MeanStreetsOMA my dog got lose about an hour ago and I can’t find him, he’s micro’d, but his collar came off. Goes by Fran… 11:19:17
- RT @TrpAOmaha: This morning, Sgt. Kauffman #683 had the opportunity to read to Mrs Hoschar’s 1st grade class, at St Joan of Arc school here… 11:21:58
- More photos of @OmahaFireDept crews operating on scene of a Three Alarm Apartment Fire in Northwest Omaha Tuesday.… https://t.co/mix5PLKhyt 12:15:57
- Lots of people had questions regarding fire operations during the Third Alarm Fire yesterday so we will make a thre… https://t.co/fZtdunRlTC 12:35:59
- A "RIT" or "Rapid Intervention Team" is a team of firefighters dedicated solely to the search and rescue of other f… https://t.co/z7mwSB6VN1 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:37:28
- A "PAR" or "Personnel Accountability Report" is used to report and account for fire personnel on the incident scene… https://t.co/sXaYKhVmbw in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:41:52
- Different "Alarm" levels determine the amount of manpower & apparatus responding to an incident scene. The size of… https://t.co/hmsnORHOwz in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:44:47
- Currently in Omaha the first alarm level is dependent on the structure & additional information.
-Fire One (Homes,… https://t.co/Tzh0Mgd7sT in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:49:18
- -Fire Two (Industrial, Commercial, Apartments, Structural, Etc.):
3 Engines, 2 Trucks, 1 Medic, 2 Battalion Chiefs, 1 Rescue Rig in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:49:48
- -Fire with Entrapment:
3 Engines, 2 Trucks, 2 Medics, 2 Battalion Chiefs, 1 Rescue Rig in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:50:06
- Once fire crews arrived and determine that a fire is "Working" or has active fire then a Working Fire is declared.… https://t.co/Y4wSAviAsh in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:51:55
- Second Alarm:
Adds 2 Engines, 1 Truck, 1 Battalion, 1 Medic, 1 Rescue Rig to the assignment.
Often times special co… https://t.co/SAKftI9DCm in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:53:13
- Third Alarm:
Adds 2 Engines and 1 Truck to the assignment. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:53:30
- For more information on current responses see here:
https://t.co/tsSgPRuKYX in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:54:35
- Vertical ventilation can be performed by cutting holes in roof & punching down from the holes with hooks to open up… https://t.co/EPR5YUirjO in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:57:41
- Horizontal ventilation is fairly self explanatory. This takes place through open windows or doors. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:59:34
- "PPV" or "Positive Pressure Ventilation" is performed with mechanical fans to blow "fresh air" into the structure a… https://t.co/8tRWi5ZG9F in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:01:26
- See here for more on ventilation:
https://t.co/QEM3RArc08 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:01:43
- "Divisions" can be one of two things. Divisions with letters determine the side of the structure. Division A is n… https://t.co/3g3n38b6IP in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:07:48
- Divisions with numbers determine the floor level. First floor becomes Division 1. Second floor becomes Division 2 and so on. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:09:16
- RT @icehawke: So this happened. 72nd & Farnam. @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/RGq3RLNqC5 13:09:25
- RT @NWSOmaha: Uncontrolled fires place fire fighters, animals, crops, property and especially fire fighters in danger from fire & smoke. #n… 13:10:38
- RT @OPDOfcDTurnbull: Night of bad decisions. Drive drunk and get arrested as you were heading to your girlfriends house. Call your wife to… 13:14:36
- RT @DCEMA_Nebraska: NWS Warning Coordination Meteorologist Brian Smith will be conducting storm spotter training on Tuesday, March 27, 2018… 13:55:30
- RT @OfcArbuckleCPD: In celebration of #PiDay, if this gets 314 retweets, I’ll let Recruit Gaman pie me in the face as revenge for making hi… 14:59:15
- Battalion 2 just crashed his vehicle again at Fontanelle Blvd and Kansas Ave. No injuries. OPD Traffic Investigator enroute. 15:31:40
- RT @kristen_garrity: @MeanStreetsOMA
I just wanted to say thank you so much @MeanStreetsOMA and your amazing followers for getting the wo… 16:20:46
- RT @dorie_bernstein: So, @MeanStreetsOMA … Parking quiz for our readers. Parking in a no-parking zone facing the wrong way on a residenti… 16:21:58
- RT @TrpAOmaha: Troopers in Omaha are doing defensive tactics training today in Omaha. https://t.co/aJI55v8TKt 16:26:34
- Assist: 11th and Farnam St.
100+ juveniles fighting and running amok. Officer on scene requesting more cars. 18:46:46
- Delta Unit on scene with a pepperball. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 18:48:21
- Inmate on inmate assault at Douglas County Corrections. One wants to press charged.
- RT @OPDABLE1: It’s always a pleasure to fly in to the academy during driving training, the crowning joy is blowing the carefully placed ora… 19:03:26
- Structure Fire: 60th and Ames Ave.
Fire in an auto body shop.
OFD: E41, E24, E21, T41, T21, B4, B2, R33
TAC: 4 19:29:42
- E41 reports it is just a car doing doughnuts in a parking lot. No fire. Crews returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 19:30:59
- Cutting: 42nd and Redman Circle.
Domestic related cutting. Possible multiple victims. Children screaming in the b… https://t.co/LWCwJBpHmK 21:32:08
- Suspect is a black heavy set female wearing pink carrying a baby. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:33:21
- PD needs medics inside for several cutting victims. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:34:17
- Signal 88 at the scene. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:34:27
- Brandi is dropping off her child with Crimson and Alex so she can go to a hotel to prostitute. However, Crimson an… https://t.co/5q1ZAVNbDF 21:43:56
- M21 enroute Nebraska Med Code 2 with a 16 y/o female with some lacerations to the fingers and hand. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:52:33
- Fight: Courtyard by Marriott. 101 S 10th St.
Female being assaulted by another male and female. Pepper spray may… https://t.co/rfDiAWTm0P 22:13:04
- RT @OPDOfcMartinez: Usually I’m heading home about now, tonight however I am working a special DUI enforcement. Don’t drink and drive folks… 22:13:26
- Call for a suicidal party wanting to jump from the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge.
- .@anon_callerOMA now calling in reporting that Brandi is doing prostituting in the hotel.
#OmahaScanner https://t.co/LHwcmP6DfR 22:48:29
- Midnight! 23:00:00
- Not surprised that Peter was in the lead https://t.co/HZ1lxISiFO 23:20:08
- RT @anon_callerOMA: Brandi baby, stop your whoring, please baby https://t.co/aygMNuA64q 23:20:55
- RT @2120RMIL: Another good end to the week. I always enjoy making phone calls to victims letting them know the suspect to their crime was a… 23:22:49
- RT @SPOTNEWSonIG: @MeanStreetsOMA chill'n. you too. 23:26:36
- RT @SPOTNEWSonIG: 115/Halsted: caller thinks they see the car wanted from the Amber Alert. #ChicagoScanner 23:27:29
- Caller to 911 says she's in the lobby wearing a Star Wars shirt / leggings and there is a disturbance. #OmahaScanner 23:31:31
- Caller to 911 says a female in the lobby is threatening to hang herself with a rope. #OmahaScanner 23:33:30
- A call for a male acting erratically near 72nd & Dodge Street, he's coming from the Raising Cane's. 23:35:31
- Douglas County 911 is requesting a tower light check. 23:37:03
- Caller to 911 says the people in his basement are causing a scene and using meth. #OmahaScanner 23:39:50
- Chick-fil-A fired an employee this morning and they are afraid to walk to their car. The police have been requested… https://t.co/N9aO2YjK1a 23:45:23
- There are three (3) lights on the tower. https://t.co/3zybZRIk4M 23:48:16
- .@OPDABLE1 is up! #THPTHPTHP 🚁 23:49:25
- RT @goodtimenation: @MeanStreetsOMA That Cane’s sauce is good shit. 🤷♀️ 23:50:37
- Possible Building Fire: 5170 Q Street. Reports of of smoke and flames. 23:59:25