- More on Omaha Fire Station 34: https://t.co/QPHAItJHzL in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:16:19
- Injury Accident: N 16th & Yates Street. 3-4 cars are involved and one is smoking.
OFD: E5, M5 00:40:02
- Caller to 911 says his intoxicated sister locked him out of the apartment and there are no weapons involved. 00:40:59
- Property damage only, no injuries. Medic 5 / Engine 5 are back in service, incident command is terminated. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 00:43:36
- RT @EdtheHammer: @MeanStreetsOMA no injuries is nice to hear after the awfulness earlier 00:45:42
- Out recap of pics, vids, and info on fatal I-80 semi truck wreck yesterday:
https://t.co/EGZ6AufxVX https://t.co/9DLOD765WZ 00:47:58
- RT @EdtheHammer: anyone who has a driver's license should look over this, it's so important to pay attention while in control of a vehicle… 00:54:05
- A squad is going to Yonkers
- The next eclipse is in like 2024 and we won't have to deal with it in Nebraska. #relieved 🙄 01:17:29
- Bill Nye the Science Guy will not be in Nebraska in the year 2024 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 01:20:58
- Eclipse fans will be swarming the nice folks in Cleveland Ohio and Buffalo New York. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 01:28:24
- RT @2120RMIL: I can't think of anything positive/witty to describe my day. Too much death and destruction. 😔 01:31:25
- Caller to 911 is concerned about people moving furniture on the 10th floor of Park Tower South, 1601 Park Avenue. 01:57:24
- Public housing in Omaha:
-Park Tower South is 1601 Park Ave
-Park Tower North is 1501 Park Ave
-Southside Terrace is 29th & U Plaza ish 02:01:04
- I hope everyone in Nebraska survived https://t.co/LRS01rpNL5 02:06:04
- RT @Greg_In_Omaha: @MeanStreetsOMA 144th and First National Bank Parkway https://t.co/61VM8PlwFP 08:03:12
- RT @4manAngie: 144th and FNB Parkway @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/KwQ8tsKz3G 08:04:48
- RT @OPDLauren: Remember Pop with a Cop is next Monday! 4:00 @ChickfilA, 72nd and Sorensen! #opd https://t.co/aeS5GQAtxk 08:17:32
- RT @OPDSgtMenning: We have had 25 fatal crashes in 2017. Please slow down, wear your seat belt, put the phone down and don't drink / drive.… 09:02:27
- RT @krisrow09: Waiting to catch people on Dodge just east of 132nd @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/xl10OStDrd 10:23:48
- RT @PhotoOmaha: Taken with a Nikon D750 and a Nikon 200-500 5.6 lens. DX mode.
#nikon @nikonusa #nebraska #rockbrookcamera #explorenebrask… 12:08:52
- Down Party: 601 Riverfront Drive
Jumper down from one of the condominiums in the area. 40+ ft fall per the caller.
OFD: E1, M1 15:22:31
- OPD advising the female is down about 50 ft in from the end of the bridge. Party is not in the water. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 15:24:10
- M1 enroute to Nebraska Med Code 3 TCC with a 30s y/o female from a 50ft fall. Unconscious, Unresponsive, Critical Injuries. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 15:35:37
- E1 on E201 enroute to the scene to flush the area. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 15:36:53
- Apartment Fire: 4910 Capitol Ave.
Caller woke up to smoke in the hallway.
OFD: E34, E24, E33, T34, T53, M?, B1, B2, R33 15:40:15
- OPD wants to conduct an investigation and get photos before OFD flushes the area. Crews returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 15:40:53
- The Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge will be shut down for a couple hours while police conduct an investigation and pro… https://t.co/WHKxLhkv1c 15:41:39
- BBQ from outside set the system off. Crews returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 15:42:20
- .@MeanStreetsOMA Suicide & Mental Health Resource Center
- RT @SCSO_Percifield: @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/q4pebHJdYt 15:46:35
- .@OPDABLE1 is up!
- Officer Safety Bulletin: Black male in a Red Chevy Silverado IA plates involved in a dist. near 147th & Erskine. Party armed with an AR. 15:56:21
- RT @KETVRob: Scene at @BobKerreyBridge after someone found critically hurt from fall. Bridge closed for @OmahaPolice investigation. @KETV h… 16:02:57
- RT @TrpAOmaha: Troopers are working a crash near 42nd and Interstate 80 eastbound. Use caution in the area. 16:07:08
- Creighton University Public Safety has a party detained who was exposing himself on campus. They want him banned and barred. 16:12:54
- Injury Accident: 127nd and Blondo St.
Multi vehicle accident.
OFD: E71, M42, M77 17:20:43
- Police searching for a suspect that ran from them. https://t.co/ZsvcOjrLj3 17:23:14
- Injury Accident: I-80 EB at 84th St.
2 vehicle accident.
OFD: E61, M61 17:23:29
- Third medic requested.
OFD: M52 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 17:25:54
- RT @kcsiwa12: @MeanStreetsOMA Hit and run. Female with long brown hair took off barefoot through my backyard. She should be in the olympics… 17:41:05
- Fourth medic requested.
OFD: M56 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 17:42:40
- M42 enroute to Nebraska Med Code 2 with a male who was stopped and was hit from behind. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 17:49:26
- M52 enroute to Burgan Code 2 with a female with minor injuries. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 17:50:55
- M71 enroute to Nebraska Med Code 2 TCC with an unrestrained driver. Minor injuries. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 17:51:49
- RT @OPDdcGonzalez: Just arrived. Thanks to an anonymous donor OPD will soon train and equip some officers with Narcan kits. #opd https://t.… 18:01:41
- An extremely valuable tool and a step in the right direction when it comes to combating the drug epidemic in the Me… https://t.co/3egMPUjw4v 18:04:48
- RT @OPDABLE1: Doors are going back on… https://t.co/FujGKbZJ70 20:32:17
- 1. Yesterday highlighted the need for additional fire dispatchers. During the incident dispatchers were overwhelmed.
- 2. Having only 2 personnel to act as dual call takers & dispatchers means that dispatcher struggles to keep up w/ the scope of an emergency. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:51:09
- 3. The 911 dispatch center sup. then must act as a fire dispatcher taking them away from supervisor duties such as managing the incident. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:52:47
- 4. This not only arises during major incidents but during daily call loads such as car accidents or basic medical emergencies. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:55:08
- 5. Dispatchers will be on the line with 911 callers and do not copy requests or reports from fire crews throughout the city. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:56:32
- 6. Or even worse both dispatchers will be on calls meaning other 911 callers have to wait for a like to free up. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:57:55
- 7. At times dispatchers are forced to do an emergency disconnect with one call in order to answer other 911 calls that are holding. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:59:19
- 8. Because of this, fire crews may not receive the most accurate information on an emergency they are responding to. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:01:18
- 9. As the city has grown fire dispatch has not & when the emergency communications director pleads for more funds to save lives & is told no in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:05:25
- 10. …well that makes us all vunarable. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:06:13
- Dont be alarmed… You will get through to police call takers but may have to wait on fire side if it is busy. https://t.co/baCa0wYZhp 21:07:47
- Need 6 police dispatchers minimum. 4 OPD Precincts + DCSO + Info Channel.
The silver bullet may be dual training c… https://t.co/r4hHGEasxq 21:33:10
- Unfortunately there is virtually no publically available data or info on policies or procedures. The county 911 web… https://t.co/ss93fRFFkv 21:34:45
- RT @sleepywrestler1: Great thread to read https://t.co/Zo2BgS407M 21:35:40
- RT @RealCountry_USA: @MeanStreetsOMA When MeanStreetsOMA rants, shit is real. 21:40:38
- RT @DanFromVirginia: Read…This….Thread https://t.co/nrNMPzPWWN 21:50:40
- RT @PissedOff911: @MeanStreetsOMA They have no idea the toll this takes on dispatcher and the responders, too. It's as bad as NSP trying to… 21:56:17
- RT @ShelbiLin: All #omahans need to read this thread #Omaha #Nebraska #FirstResponders https://t.co/aw6YrRwf10 22:06:34
- Still waiting for OPD & OFD Annual Rpts. for 16 even though we are 4 mo. from the end of 17.… https://t.co/OUNTQumEsP 22:32:28
- What has been under construction for months with no end in sight?
Nope… OPDs crime stats page…… https://t.co/uIvkGmjJ5e 22:41:38
- Midnight! 23:00:00
- Hazard: North Freeway.
OFD advising a male is running Southbound down the highway in traffic. 23:02:58