- Midnight! 00:00:01
- Foot Pursuit: I-680 and Pacific St
A male, black sweats, red jacket, black ski cap, and a backpack fled from a stolen vehicle. 01:11:38
- Police lost sight near the Regency Lodge. 2 other suspect in the vehicle still. Officers checking the Papio Creek. K9 enroute. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 01:13:06
- The 2 suspect in the vehicle are in custody. 1 suspect still outstanding. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 01:13:55
- Burglary: 49th and Manderson
3 females just broke into a house in the area. 01:20:29
- K9 found a red backpack that the suspect ditched. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 01:26:30
- Police have taken the 3rd suspect into custody. Medics needed for a 18 y/o male suffering for hypothermia after hiding in the creek. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 01:38:09
- Nice night to hide from police in a semi-frozen creek! ?❄ 01:40:16
- OFD E52 and M52 enroute. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 01:40:57
- M52 enroute to UNMC Code 2 with a 17 y/o male. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 02:06:48
- RT @OPDLtRamos: 17 yo male fled from stolen vehicle near I-680 SB/Pacific, crossed Papio Creek, tried hiding near apt, on E side of Creek..… 02:07:09
- RT @bobbyemt: Foot pursuit suspect found in Papio Creek near 102&Pacific. Taken to UNMC for hypothermia. https://t.co/63Qlurplwi 02:20:01
- Carjacking: Pit Stop Convenience Store, 4015 S 42nd St. Caller says two white males assaulted him and took his silver Silverado. 03:45:11
- Possible Apartment Fire: 3660 Orchard Ave. Residents calling saying the fire alarms are going off and there is smoke and electrical smell. 04:23:00
- …finishing up our recap of the most popular tweets and stories from 2016, it should be ready for your morning ?☕️ 04:51:45
- Some unruly guests are generating complaints to the staff at Homewood Suites downtown. 04:56:42
- Caller to 911 is having a disturbance with her intoxicated BF who is wearing pajamas. 05:14:24
- RT @551CARS: @MeanStreetsOMA like this? https://t.co/oVEFcI3v9Q 05:22:02
- Free bed frame: I-80 eastbound at 13th Street ? 05:35:58
- RT @timwagner66: @MeanStreetsOMA A free mattress should be coming along pretty quickly 05:38:17
- RT @glenKD0WIA: @MeanStreetsOMA “intoxicated and wearing pajamas ” life goal achieved 06:16:22
- Our 2016 month-by-month look at the most popular stories and tweets from the Mean Streets:
https://t.co/EqIlpB6nPk https://t.co/h6QXYoYnDn 06:50:39
- Shift change to for Omaha Firefighters at 07:00. 07:01:49
- RT @MeanStreetSarpy: @MeanStreetsOMA they are open to take patients when there aren’t any patients to take. 07:05:49
- RT @OPDOfcBossman: Two red light tickets already this morning. Come on people, is everyone in that big of a hurry? It’s not worth a crash o… 07:19:50
- Caller to 911 at UNO, 6325 Maverick Plaza, is having issues with mania. Previous call history to 911 shows the caller is A-Adam. 07:38:11
- An unverified female named Jane trying to get into the Bank of Nebraska branch. 07:46:43
- Holy Ghost Command says the rep is on site and it is a false alarm. The Holy Ghost Command is terminated. 07:56:28
- RT @jeanformayor: #Omaha Mayor @Jean_Stothert on @kfabnews‘ Grow Omaha re Civic, N Downtown, Lot B, Con Agra, Baby Bob Bridge & more! https… 08:11:30
- “He is known to be violent when his blood sugar is low.” #OmahaScanner 08:18:21
- Mean Streets 2016, volunteers covering Omaha Twitter and news:
https://t.co/EqIlpB6nPk https://t.co/BQYwgmOr3e 08:30:16
- The warehouse manager found a suspicious orange toolbox behind the building. 08:39:39
- Caller to 911 says his VW Jetta was warming up with the keys left in it, now it is stolen. 08:44:05
- Reminder: It is much easier for someone to steal your car if you leave your keys in it. ? 08:46:32
- Caller to 911 is highly agitated and uncooperative with 911. 08:49:55
- RT @TheRealWJF4: Every time y’all tweet this I check my pockets for my keys, even if I’m at home lol https://t.co/SoathgE2yu 08:52:31
- The VA Hospital is still on diversion ?? 08:59:51
- 2016 in #Omaha: Lost cat in the sewer, elephants, Lil Wayne, clowns, tornado, and cows on the Interstate: ?
- RT @nippynoodles21: @MeanStreetsOMA this car is about to take flight https://t.co/zpdq0xkfp1 12:53:38
- RT @MeanStreetsOMA: Our 2016 month-by-month look at the most popular stories and tweets from the Mean Streets:
https://t.co/EqIlpB6nPk http… 13:40:35
- House Fire: 8011 Maywood St.
PD advised there is smoke inside the house. Everyone is out.
Ralston Fire Call.
Papillon: E4, FC3 14:34:42
- Ralston 131 on location of a 1 story single family occupancy. Smoke on approach. Crews pulling a line and calling a working fire. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 14:37:36
- OFD R33 responding as the RIT crew.
Majority of the fire is on the “D” side of the structure. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 14:39:06
- OFD B5 also responding as Mutual Aid.
Sounds like the majority of the fire is out. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 14:41:17
- 1 cat had been retrieve from the house alive. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 14:44:39
- Ralston command reports fire is under control. Units on scene will handle. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 14:45:46
- Fire contained to the stove. Crews performing a secondary search. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 14:47:53
- Primary and secondary searches are negative. Crews performing overhaul. State Fire Marshal is enroute. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 14:53:26
- RT @OPDSgtOetter: Recruits of #class12016 are learning #cpr #cprsaveslives #opd https://t.co/7IXSoneNDg 15:00:31
- Injury Accident: 24th and I St.
Accident called in my T31.
OFD: M3, E31 15:10:49
- Red Cross needed for 2 adults and 2 children. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 15:12:13
- Carbon Monoxide Emergency: 5828 N 55th St.
MUD recieved a call from an elderly couple displaying symptoms.
OFD: E41, T41, M41, B2 15:21:25
- FYI… It’s NOT OK to set off bomb as a senior prank… Like duh… ? https://t.co/abAhCkd1HR 15:36:03
- RT @MeanStreetsOMA: Mean Streets 2016, volunteers covering Omaha Twitter and news:
https://t.co/EqIlpB6nPk https://t.co/BQYwgmOr3e 15:37:36
- Robbery: Well’s Fargo Bank. 3808 N 168th St.
Caller says a strong armed Robbery occurred. 16:08:02
- White male with blond facial hair in a puffy coat with fur around the hood. Last seen walking towards Walmart. @OPDABLE1 enroute to assist. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:20:47
- Armed Party: Walgreens. 4310 Ames Ave.
Male is walking around the parking lot with a gun. He took off in a white Monte Carlo. 16:21:53
- 2 black males, one in a black hoodie, threatened to shoot people. They fled Northbound. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:27:04
- RT @TANK_Sherman_93: @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/XCNfK2LiUz 16:30:50
- Cutting: 55th and Pratt St.
Male says he was cut in the face by an exgirlfriend.
OFD: E41, M41 16:35:00
- Injury Accident: 52nd and Ames Ave.
OFD: E41, M41 17:15:12
- RT @brad_dickson: It is expected to snow one inch tonight. That’s because Mother Nature knows anything over that & Omaha implodes. 17:16:08
- Brush Fire: JFK at Chandler Rd.
6-8 brush fires along the interstate.
OFD: E31, E33
Bellevue Mutual Aid 17:26:35
- RT @Omahog16: @MeanStreetsOMA highway 75 is on fire tonight. https://t.co/Q6cGy33IdS 17:28:02
- Fires stretching along JFK from Chandler Rd. to Q St. One large fire near a train. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 17:29:10
- Command requesting a brush truck.
OFD: E201 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 17:31:19
- RT @kurrankin: @MeanStreetsOMA rings of fire (for about a mile) northbound chandler Rd to Q st? No car accident or car debris????? https://… 17:32:31
- “Intoxicated male fell and smacked his face on a bench. Is now bleeding profusely.”
- All the fires are out. All crews are returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 17:48:42
- Photos from afternoon robbery at the Wells Fargo Bank at 3808 N. 168th St. Contact @OPDCrimeStop with info. Tips c… https://t.co/xfJxkLb11f 18:31:10
- Video from Saturday Evening robbery at Family Dollar on 99th and Maple St. Contact @OPDCrimeStop with info.
- “Caller says his neighbor is blowing a air horn nonstop.”
- Somewhere between a snowballs chance in hell and 0.
?❄️☃ https://t.co/wq684LKiHr 19:55:26
- RT @CSHARP06: @MeanStreetsOMA less than ideal. 168 and basically dodge… https://t.co/uFihhv8Z0e 20:41:01
- Police Continue to Ask For The Public’s Assistance Identifying Suspects in Brinkman Homicide:… https://t.co/PEk52ye8vP 20:46:57
- Injury Accident: 24th and Cuming St.
OFD: E5, M5 20:54:18
- RT @fyrtamer: #SnowDrivingTips When approaching a turn, steady brakes while driving straight. Braking while turning just makes you slide. 21:35:00
- Accident: JFK Southbound at Q St. just South.
Chain reaction crash. 1 car ran into a median and other cars are running into him. 21:42:08
Only in Council Bluffs… ? https://t.co/jdgbpyayeG 21:45:21
- I suppose it’s good he wasn’t elected…. We wouldn’t want a Commander in Thief…
#BadPuns in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:48:24
- Cutting: 39th and Wright St.
49 y/o male accidentally stabbed himself in the lower abdomen.
OFD: E33, M3 21:56:22
- RT @OPDOfcSwanson: Early #ThrowbackThursday! These were the first four #opd “Patrolwomen” in 1962! No duty belts? That’s what their purses… 22:14:50
- Wells Fargo Bank robbed by man wearing a puffy coat https://t.co/BLxZku7m8A https://t.co/3mDsBDN3d3 22:15:13
- M3 enroute to UNMC Code 3 TCC with a stab wound to the abdomen. Was spurting blood. Crews applying direct pressure. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 22:21:22
- Injury Accident: I-80 Eastbound at 24th St.
Single vehicle accident.
OFD: M31, E31 22:38:46
- No injuries. Crews returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 22:43:36
- RT @t_laird: @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/uijLEXkD6A 22:55:02
- Suspect flees with property after home invasion at Ville De Sante Apartments
https://t.co/cLy2cGLGhu https://t.co/GIrf8cjGBx 23:06:22
- Injury Accident: 30th & Dodge Street. A SUV drove into Radio Shack.
OFD: E1, M1 23:17:36
- RT @JoeInBugaha: A radio shack? What’s next? A car rams into a Blockbuster video? https://t.co/QVn8zD3v3P 23:20:32
- RT @fourtotheside: @MeanStreetsOMA That’s like the last Radio Shack on earth, and it exists only to catch people who missed the Burger King… 23:29:36
- RT @El_Josharino: @MeanStreetsOMA In fact, leaving the place wide open overnight might be the best opportunity they’ve had in years to move… 23:42:17