- RT @jankshaft: SB JFK Motorcycle Accident. Injury unknown at this time https://t.co/BFu7Ex694h 02:32:01
- RT @bobbyemt: Motorcycle accident JFK southbound https://t.co/yd4mvszo78 02:32:07
- RT @JennaWOWT: Reported house explosion near 65/Sprague. Photos from @6onyourside. We have multiple crews on scene. https://t.co/Zxrn1pPjsR 11:40:50
- RT @OPDOfcBettin: House explosion near 65th & Sprauge. This is the only photo I'll post right now. This is devastating #OPD https://t.co/oo… 11:41:01
- Crews are searching in nearby houses to check for injured people after a large explosion near 65th and Sprague. Multiple Injuries Reported. 11:45:22
- Caller says her 14 y/o son called her and said he is stuck under some debris. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 11:47:58
- M41 transported one to UNMC Code 3 TCC.
M21, M24, M34, S1 has medical command. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 11:49:30
- RT @OWHpictures: @OFD1860 at a gas explosion in north central Omaha. Photo by @chrismachian https://t.co/TRICm78efL 11:50:35
- RT @megan_kristin: Omaha fire and rescue currently at scene 65th and Spring. #video https://t.co/Hacczs9xqp 11:52:46
- Reports of debris landing at least 3-4 blocks away.
Numerous station moveups in progress. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 11:53:43
- 14 y/o is ok and with neighbors. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 11:54:37
- 30 minutes into the incident. Crews getting ready to do a secondary search of the area.
Also requesting the planning department respond. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 11:56:36
- Mobile Command unit is enroute along with Fire Car 1 (Fire Chief). in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 11:58:24
- MUD is on scene. Surrounding houses gas has been shut off. Still working on finding a way to shut off the gas to the house that exploded. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:01:33
- Most of the power has been shut down. Crews setting up exclusion zones due to some active power lines hanging in trees. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:02:46
- M34 transporting a female patient to UNMC Code 2. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:06:15
- RT @Chelsey727: Here's my pictures from the area. Obviously can't get very close @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/yox8jsAO0d 12:06:42
- RT @megan_kristin: Firefighters hosing down home in NW Omaha #video https://t.co/xam8VKdEkg 12:07:02
- RT @Maya_Reports: Lots of emergency responders on scene at 65th and Spraque after a house a explosion. @action3news https://t.co/hQRcuGHcQr 12:07:09
- OFD crews on the assignment: B2 B4 T21 T41 E24 E41 E21 R33 R60 R30 M41 M24 M21 M34 S1 FC2? FC2B FC1 MCP FC10 FC14, FC17, FC19 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:10:42
- Crews using two fireground channels now.
A4 will be for Operations
A5 will be for Staging and Rehab in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:13:19
- RT @MIRanda_TV3: Firefighters are going to the block over from explosion to check on everyone and houses. https://t.co/HA6Cc1Wcs9 12:13:25
- Chunks of insulation being found about 3-4 blocks from the explosion. https://t.co/FzeWoXMVll in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:14:53
- RT @tannerkahler: Major damage after house explosion near 65th and Sprague. Picture courtesy of Dave Minor. @KETV https://t.co/LbKU28ge1h 12:16:33
- Houses to the rear are being evacuated by the Delta side (West) search group.
Strong gas odor on the Charlie Side. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:18:11
- OPD assisting with with evacuation. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:18:39
- 50 minutes into the incident. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:19:48
- RT @Chelsey727: @MeanStreetsOMA it still very much smelled like gas about a block south when I was there. 12:20:00
- House to the North has reignited and now has an active fire burning. Will be defensive firefighting operations. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:22:09
- RT @OWHCrime: Police helicopter assessing the damage following explosion near 65th and Sprague Streets. Trying to map debris field. 12:23:27
- RT @caseyw2u: Im 2.2 miles away and my house shook frm the explosion. @MeanStreetsOMA 12:23:43
- RT @MIRanda_TV3: A neighbor who felt the explosion sent me this pic right after it happened. https://t.co/YOPxF2NUz5 12:24:54
- Fire is extending further into the house. Crews still fighting defensively. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:25:59
- RT @OPDOfcBettin: .@OPDABLE1 on-scene assisting OFD with damage reports #OPD https://t.co/wAysnuo8rr 12:26:22
- One hour into the incident.
Command requesting a special call for 2 additional engine companies on the Second Alarm Explosion.
OFD: E43, E53 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:29:06
- E34 will be going in place of E43.
Preparing for more station move ups.
B2- Safety in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:31:24
- Unified Command post being established at 65th and Sprague. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:31:53
- RT @megan_kristin: One critically injured-police and Fire still active at Sprague and 65th st. https://t.co/S0wF2WN3AA 12:32:14
- Electricity is secured on the entire block.
E24 PAR of 3 is fighting the fire. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:33:51
- Houses to the North and South have been searched and R33 advising they are finding nothing on their gas meters in any of those houses. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:35:27
- RT @nelson_aj: Firefighters pour into water on a gutted home https://t.co/lTJ5cUThTK 12:36:09
- Still an active gas fed fire in the explosion house. Exposure house that was on fire has been suppressed. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:38:25
- Second alarm station move ups have been initiated. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:39:06
- RT @KETV: Broken school windows at St. Bernards School. More photos: https://t.co/Sw7xoJOYox https://t.co/B4fY5PGkkf 12:41:26
- 90 minutes into the incident. Working fire is under control. Still an active gas leak and fire in explosion house. Holding all companies. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:53:15
- People being allowed back into their houses but must stay out of backyards due to debris hanging in the trees. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 12:56:45
- RT @nelson_aj: Three houses damaged. There was a gas line rupture after the explosion. 12:58:53
- Gas has been secured to the explosion house. Fire has now been extinguished. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:01:40
- MUD crews will dig and cap the gas lines of the two houses on either side of the explosion house. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:02:12
- RT @nelson_aj: One victim in critical condition, two others hurt less, on is a 14-year-old boy. 13:02:50
- RT @OPDOfcBettin: Residents between Sprauge & Manderson on N. 65th St please stay in your house. Also, we are restricting visitors at this… 13:03:10
- A small attic fire has started up at another house to the South. Crews attacking defensively. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:09:16
- RT @nelson_aj: The fire department briefs reporters https://t.co/Rc3BJ9yInR 13:09:52
- RT @megan_kristin: Firefighters currently spraying down opposite home of explosion site. https://t.co/exNLEorAFf 13:10:00
- OFD will be sending some crews back into service shortly. Working on a demobilization plan. Also fighting small spot fires. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:12:45
- RT @i_am_schaft: .@MeanStreetsOMA Photo credit: @karinkingkade https://t.co/ZkqsfUhZfq 13:13:25
- This is what the house looked like before the explosion. https://t.co/KBqfzmsJpo 13:15:26
- RT @djdevondupree: @MeanStreetsOMA on my block! Messed up our houses! The force felt insane???? https://t.co/leco4VErjz 13:30:22
- RT @ShannonKMTV: Photo from behind the home that exploded this afternoon https://t.co/TjGUKYWZVp 13:39:54
- RT @ShannonKMTV: Another look. Debris in nearby trees. @action3news https://t.co/GWBKLBxr9H 13:40:56
- RT @MrFindell: I live about a block away from that explosion. You can hear and see my house shake on my cameras. @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.… 13:49:11
- RT @ryankingkade: @MeanStreetsOMA and this is what it looked like 2 minutes after the explosion. https://t.co/k2lwUFkQoL 13:49:16
- RT @OPDOfcBettin: Not posting many photos at this explosion, active investigation with A LOT of work ahead. Access to area restricted #OPD 13:49:31
- RT @OPDOfcBettin: Red Cross has arrived. Working with OFD to start accessing everyone's need in an orderly fashion. #OPD https://t.co/33lwx… 13:55:33
- Majority of crews have been released.
OFD units on scene are B2, E24, E41, E34, T41, M34.
Will be rotating out crews shortly. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 13:56:56
- RT @viclyn120: @MeanStreetsOMA accident at 13th and Dodge https://t.co/axhcpqv0pb 14:09:52
- RT @ProObamaAgenda: @MrFindell @MeanStreetsOMA i do too and we had pictures falling off the walls like a earthquake just hit 14:17:53
- RT @AlexGStone: Red Cross on scene handing out water, assessing how many families may need assistance @KETV 14:28:24
- RT @DaveRobertsLIVE: OFD says explosion site still a hot zone while the investigation into the source continues. @KETV https://t.co/0xH5pEv… 14:36:02
- Nice day to be suffering from hallucinations from time to time 14:47:09
- The shoplifting suspects are a female wearing a leopard print top and a male wearing a white tank top. 14:51:35
- Caller is having a disturbance with her across the street neighbors who are driving a white Malibu through her yard 14:57:16
- Cop: "We're they a male or female?"
Dispatch: "I'm assuming Jim is a male, but I'll call them back." 15:05:32
- Caller to 911is rambling about three people he says are stuck in a storm drain. He is known to use meth and suffer from hallucinations. 15:13:12
- Caller to 911 says the neighborhood juveniles were on her property when she was gone and turned on the hose 15:34:01
- Monday afternoon mental breakdown ???? 15:39:03
- Caller to 911 is having a disturbance with his employer, McDonald's, over a paycheck. 40th & Dodge 15:41:34
- RT @oldmanprop: @MeanStreetsOMA, tell people to stay away. I love at 65th & Sprague, need to get home. Can't because of the idiots wanting… 15:48:03
- RT @ScottBlake: Google Street View of house explosion in Benson today. @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/PzKKIwyrJT 15:48:44
- Meth Monday: Caller thinks
-a guy is coming over with a shotgun
-3 people are stuck in a storm drain
-the cops took is brother to "OCP" 16:03:33
- RT @OWHCrime: Female injured in house explosion today has died, Omaha Fire Dept. says. 16:03:42
- Jolene says a male named Danny and his wife are outside plotting against her. 16:12:00
- Runner from the police in Lamp Park, 110th & Lamp Street, south side, suspect ran into the shrubbery. 16:16:33
- Suspect described as a white male, skinny, black shorts, no shirt, baseball cap, 6ft tall. @OPDABLE1 is #THPTHPTHP in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:19:46
- Nice day to drive your red pickup into the Cricket Store, 4436 Ames Avenue. 16:25:05
- Runner from the cops from Lamp Park near 110th & W Dodge made it east across the creek. @OPDABLE1 tracking. Skinny white male, no shirt. 16:33:29
- Sounds like @OPDABLE1 landed and are chasing after the guy on foot near 110th & Harney Street 16:36:54
- RT @ADAM_up23: @MeanStreetsOMA @OPDABLE1 helicopter just landed in parking lot near Gallup and the hawthorn hotel 16:37:33
- Suspect from foot pursuit near 110th & Harney Street is in custody. @OPDABLE1 landed helicopter and ran after the guy on foot. ???? 16:38:40
- RT @Andrew_Schack: @MeanStreetsOMA OPD helicopter landing near 114th and dodge? https://t.co/vA7Z2PTlqn 16:41:03
- Injury Accident: 30th & Chicago Street. Pedestrian struck by a vehicle.
OFD: E1, M1 16:42:35
- RT @bluejaydave: Fucking badass pilots lol! Nice work! https://t.co/QuTt9OzxAQ 16:46:19
- Injury Accident: 129th & Q Street. Three vehicles involved.
OFD: E61, M61 16:47:02
- Something about a white female on a white sport bike with a pink helmet who has a Smith & Wesson in her back pocket. 16:51:08
- RT @jonathan_norton: @MeanStreetsOMA as I was leaving work https://t.co/9ELZbHBBVb 16:51:27
- Driver on I-80 has an open 40 ???? 16:57:02
- Caller to 911 says her 40s y/o son is on meth and brought some people over, they are all yelling and refusing to leave. #MethMondayOMA 16:59:58
- RT @carlyincontro: @MeanStreetsOMA Monday goals 17:02:11
- Caller says a female wearing a pink dress took caller's lawnmower, is hitting her with a stick, and throwing rocks at her. 17:03:51
- RT @AGuyNamedJoey: Apparently Omaha has its own John McClain https://t.co/IsO9pAPRoF 17:06:25
- RT @joelschafer: @MeanStreetsOMA SW holding 5 Priority Two calls 17:07:59
- RT @NickStarlingTV: Heavier police presence here as a homicide investigation is underway too. @action3news https://t.co/K0aKOuoLDc 17:09:07
- THPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTHP #THPTHPTHP @POLICECOPTER @OPDABLE1 https://t.co/9NX2m9dScs 17:12:41
- Caller is having a disturbance with her GF's friend Aiesha who has long hair and is wearing booty shorts, says she's assaulting him. 17:14:37
- OPPD is currently re-energizing power lines near the earlier house explosion and some power poles are now smoking, some spot fires. 17:21:04
- Caller to 911 says her 12 year old son is out of control and hitting walls. 17:24:35
- RT @OPDCAIN1: Looks like I found my soul mate! https://t.co/xzDcxp8p7Y 17:27:08
- Injury Accident: 120th & Hascall Street. Motorcycle vs sedan.
OFD: E60, M61 17:27:58
- RT @oldmanprop: Fire engines are back at the house explosion. @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/GcIVwpRQ2K 17:32:13
- RT @action3news: #OFD asking residents who were displaced from their home to call @neiaredcross 844-334-7569 https://t.co/sOxufaYVqM https:… 18:44:42
- No cars in service citywide & more are being requested at 67th & Sprague St. to help control bystanders & media trying to enter crime scene. 18:50:52
- OPPD has turned back on the power in the area of 65th and Sprague and some small spot fires are starting up again. 19:01:38
- RT @NickStarlingTV: #BREAKING Fire crews now putting out another fire, right next to the house that exploded. @action3news https://t.co/i2z… 19:01:51
- Large rekindle in one of the exposure houses. Also an electrical fire at a house further down. Command requesting more help. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 19:03:17
- Electrical Fire: 3857 N 65 St.
Police advising some power lines are on fire after OPPD was working on restoring power.
OFD: E41 19:04:26
- RT @DaveRobertsLIVE: House on the south side of explosion scene near 65th and Sprague catches fire. Omaha Fire extinguishing now. https://t… 19:04:41
- RT @joelschafer: @turbov2 @Chelsey727 @MeanStreetsOMA NW Command "they are entering the crime scene" 19:05:46
- RT @OWHCrime: Update: The woman who died in the house explosion this afternoon has been identified as Clara Bender, 30. 19:06:11
- RT @NickStarlingTV: VIDEO: Crews putting out fire at the house next door to the house that exploded earlier this afternoon. @action3news ht… 19:08:42
- RT @brandipetersen: Clara Bender ID'ed as the woman who died in today's explosion at 65th & Sprague. Her loved ones posted this: https://t… 19:54:20
- RT @joelschafer: No cars citywide
- Something about 5 juveniles in the bed of a pickup truck driving erratically in the Millard West parking lot. 21:02:51
- OPD enroute to the explosion scene at 65th and Sprague to relieve other units on scene. 21:27:59
- Caller to 911 is rambling about the moon and how it's making him crazy, and all the doctors want to do about it is dope him up. ???????? 21:29:02
- Injury Accident: 180 and Center
Multiple cars involved.
OFD: E56, M56 21:29:21
- RT @colton_brayton: @MeanStreetsOMA 180th and Center horrible collision https://t.co/EBJ1ReglBO 21:33:58
- Property damage only. OFD will be on scene to assist with traffic control. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:34:31
- RT @_____wyatt_____: @colton_brayton @MeanStreetsOMA another angle https://t.co/m30No387CV 22:21:34
- Burglary in Progress: 16615 Francis St.
No OPD cars available to respond citywide so DCSO is taking the call.
Caller heard glass break. 22:38:56
- Good chance this is why OPD Homicide is investigating. https://t.co/FVYkpHUXc4 22:39:58
- RT @joelschafer: Been like this all day @Jean_Stothert https://t.co/VZthf4gjdH 22:41:38
- RT @AndySage1: @joelschafer Hard to imagine that one smaller scale incident occurs and it causes this big of an effect throughout the city… 22:43:04
- RT @OmahaLyftTodd: Barley Street Tavern as seen from the 1912 rooftop @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/mGcSxouzat 22:43:09
- It's a nice night for Offutt's E4B 747 to be flying low over Omaha right now going SE to NW.
- RT @BananaCoffee420: @MeanStreetsOMA Practicing some touch and go maneuvers here at Eppley 22:48:13
- Midnightish! 23:01:44
- RT @Militti25: This would be why I'm still awake… Literally every ten mins it feels like. https://t.co/X1KutICiQ2 23:42:45
- RT @nateschoenfeld: @MeanStreetsOMA saw a guy trying to open car doors on my street. White, dark ponytail, red gym shorts and flip-flops. 6… 23:44:55
- Fight Disturbance: 24th & Ida Street. Reported as a shooting, but there is no victim and it was just fireworks. Person down, fight, car fled 23:53:30
- .@OPDABLE1 is searching the area of Miller Park near 30th & Redick Ave for suspects leaving the area of reported fight/fireworks 23:56:33