- Fire appears to have started in a vacant apartment. Also crews forced entry into every Division 3 apartment.
Primary search all clear. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:15:16
- OPPD requested. Red Cross not needed at this time. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:17:07
- Secondary search of Division 3 is all clear. Crews will be returning to service shortly. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:21:34
- Armed Assault: Elmwood Park
3 black males possibly with a gun assaulted a female near the grotto. Patient is near the pool.
OFD: E53, M34 16:27:54
- 18 y/o female is bleeding from the face after being struck with fists. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:30:11
- 1 child was treated and parents refused transport. 1 apartment is unlivable. Crews continuing overhaul and returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:31:04
- Suspects fled on foot. Last seen in the area of 57th and Howard St. Perimeter being set up and K9 unit is in the area searching. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:36:19
- 2 suspects may have gotten into a white Suburban with a dent in the front and fled the area. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:38:27
- Exposing: 15th and Howard St.
A white male with no clothes on is running around the Old Market area. 16:40:21
- RT @BlingBlondie: @MeanStreetsOMA radar on 96. Between Harrison and Q. 16:40:29
- Anddd now he is grabbing onto some lady at the bus station. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:43:32
- Officers searching the backyards in the area of 57th and Jackson St. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:45:02
- Medics requested for an overdose.
OFD: E1, M1 in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:47:48
- Injury Accident: 220th and F St.
OFD: E77, M77 16:56:23
- Injury Accident: 60th and Pratt St.
OFD: M41, E41 16:56:49
- Patient is waiting for her mother to arrive. Officers are now searching the area of 57th and Pacific St. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:57:43
- One person is in custody at 58th and Poppleton Ave. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 16:58:53
- RT @mjolnirford: @MeanStreetsOMA accident at 60th and Pratt. Northbound closed. https://t.co/EMguEUje17 17:02:10
- LIFE PRESERVER ALERT LEVEL: 1 https://t.co/INgZcSTWLP 17:04:34
- Update to naked man walking downtown earlier: He claims he was on a "spirit walk", was taken to CUMC for evaluation. https://t.co/hbSf6ot1zW 17:59:26
- RT @joelschafer: Westbound Dodge at 150th. – this guy is running radar. https://t.co/j5M9nY2AGZ 18:11:34
- "Douglas County is under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning until 2000."
- RT @NWSOmaha: Very large limbs blown down along highway 36 west of Bennington, NE. #newx 18:27:38
- Watch Out! Broad Rotation Heading Northeast!!! https://t.co/qZpPU0zG8X 18:40:26
- Hey Washington County Take Cover! https://t.co/SeEBTkF8DO 18:52:26
- Washington Co Scanner: "Attention all Washington County personal the NWS has issued a Tornado Warning till 20:15 hours." 18:54:57
- Rolling low clouds near Kennard in Washington County https://t.co/EPrYUqrCxT 19:04:57
- RT @Sheriff929: Located near Kennard. Taken by Deputy Corns https://t.co/XdR6eepacV 19:06:40
- Just posted a photo https://t.co/LDXyByIRdu 19:11:01
- Just posted a photo https://t.co/Z4fmp1D9EW 19:11:54
- RT @ColtonMcCoy3: @KETV @MeanStreetsOMA from Bennington. Got some lightning too. https://t.co/2od5MzHM0O 19:12:42
- Police activity at the Southside Terrace Projects minutes ago https://t.co/zjcNEZDQrL 19:18:40
- Washington County near Kennard moments ago ???????????? https://t.co/AOK2lcARnf 19:20:55
- RT @kw00d27: @MeanStreetsOMA Bennington looking North https://t.co/MfEZ2WA9ey 19:20:56
- "Caller to 911 is having a disturbance with an ex-employee, apparently the business name is The Ding Ding Man." #OmahaScanner 19:29:59
- RT @aLiAnO_TRIZZ: @MeanStreetsOMA @NWSOmaha https://t.co/cDgSIK8iDU 19:33:57
- Near Village of Washington moments ago ???? ⛈ https://t.co/bxEnQfc6M4 19:34:44
- "Intoxicated female fell off a retaining wall and has a compound fracture, she also has warrants so the police are en route." #OmahaScanner 19:38:37
- Washington Co Scanner: "Per NSP they have a lot of downed trees and debris along Highway 30 near Kennard." 19:45:29
- Kennard Nebraska Storms https://t.co/5qSTLBkcaD 19:50:37
- Injury Accident: I-680 NB and Center St.
OFD: E61, M61 20:01:47
- RT @therealOG_lexib: @MeanStreetsOMA there's a free recliner chair on 204th between F and center 20:01:51
- No patient. Crews returning to service. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:06:34
- RT @twotall4u: @CountySO north 8th in Arlington is almost flooded across @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/Yhl4e9JbAk 20:10:41
- We are getting multiple reports of a SWAT incident in Oakland, Iowa. Unconfirmed reports of shots fired.
- .@PottCoSheriff @IowaStatePatrol Shelby County Sheriffs Officer & Cass County Sheriffs Office on scene.
(2/2) in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:23:10
- RT @bradwphoto: Tonight's Amazing Looking "Mother Ship" Super Cell in Washington County, NE. #Newx #omaha @NWSOmaha @JimCantore https://t.… 20:23:52
- Nice night to overdose in front of a @jimmyjohns!
- RT @Jlashmett: @MeanStreetsOMA bout to cut loose on #soutwestomaha https://t.co/ZA3n0FYlTM 20:36:24
- Power outage in the area of 144th and Maple St. causing traffic lights to go dark.
Treat them as 4 way stops! 20:43:16
- RT @UrbanKidx4: @MeanStreetsOMA this is a picture of my living room now that the power went off. Just north of156th and Taylor. https://t… 20:43:25
- Never mind they turned back on! in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 20:47:13
- Still Alarm: 5713 N 117th St.
Caller says he thinks his house got hit by a tornado and it ripped the roof off of his house.
OFD: E43, T?, B? 20:54:49
- Still Alarm: 6532 N 33rd St.
OFD: E21 20:56:50
- The Omaha Fire Department is now in its modified weather response plan. 20:57:10
- Still Alarm: 6019 Kansas Ave.
Tree fell and took down some wires.
OFD: E24 20:58:20
- Hazard: 1372 Birchwood
Tree down blocking the roads 20:59:31
- Hazard: 138th and Harrison
Tree down in the road. 20:59:59
- Hazard: 84th and Dodge St.
Traffic signals are out.
TREAT AS A 4 WAY STOP! 21:02:32
- Still Alarm: 2856 Meredith Ave
Wires sparking in the trees.
OFD: E22 21:03:35
- RT @Jim_Phillips1: Severe Thunderstorm Warning for eastern Douglas till 10:30pm @MeanStreetsOMA 21:04:16
- Hazard: 2721 Kansas Ave
Wires down in the area. 21:07:00
- Still Alarm: 2431 Larimore Ave
Power pole fire
OFD: E1 21:08:13
- Possible House Fire: 6531 N 34th St.
OFD: B2, E23 21:08:39
- Hazard: 888 S Saddlecreek Rd
Power pole down. 21:09:42
- Shot Fired: 30th Ave near Park Ave.
Officers heard 1 shot to the East. 21:10:28
- Department Involved Property Damage: 6532 N 33rd St.
E21 involved in an accident at location. Traffic investigators requested. 21:11:31
- Telling us that your power is out is not going to fix it. 21:11:57
- Hazard: Near Elkhorn Pool
Tree fell onto a truck. No injuries reported. 21:14:02
- Hazard: Saddle Creek and Leavenworth just to the South
Light pole hanging in the street. 21:15:03
- Crews are now cutting through trees down in the middle of streets to make it to their calls.
- Flood: Ames Ave and 66th
Water is up to the curb line. 21:16:51
- Injury Accident: Highway 75 and N 48th St.
Maroon Car rolled over.
Irvington Rescue Call
Ponca Hills Dual Response. 21:19:37
- RT @Jim_Phillips1: Just after 10pm, Omaha's Eppley Airfield had a wind gust to 95mph. @MeanStreetsOMA 21:19:46
- Still Alarm: Northeast of 1922 62nd St.
Power pole on fire.
OFD: E30 21:20:37
- Hazard: 27 Ave / Kansas to Crown Point
Multiple trees and wires down. 21:21:07
- Flood: Saddle Creek and Dodge St.
Numerous cars stuck in high water.
OFD: T34 21:21:46
- "Doug lost an air conditioner and grill due to the weather."
- RT @cprudhon: @Jim_Phillips1 @MeanStreetsOMA and now multiple flights are being diverted to Kansas City and Lincoln airports… 21:22:40
- Hazard: 114th and Potter St.
Live wires down. 21:23:52
- Still Alarm: 10628 Boyd St.
Wires sparking in the back yard.
OFD: E43 21:24:47
- Hazard: 44th and Fort St.
Tree blocking the road. 21:25:13
- Hazard: 47th and Boyd
Wires down. 21:25:35
- RT @TZornes13: @MeanStreetsOMA saddle creek and Leavenworth https://t.co/PBlhNOCoWm 21:25:49
- RT @thelegendofdirt: @MeanStreetsOMA flooding all along L st from 67th to 96th 21:25:55
- Still Alarm: 2625 N 100th Ave
Lines on fire behind the address.
OFD: E42 21:27:28
- Live look at Dispatch: https://t.co/DuF1ed51DZ 21:28:33
- RT @jbann7998: @MeanStreetsOMA tree down 45th Browne. One side of the street to the other 21:29:09
- Hazard: 70th and State.
Tree blocking the road. 21:29:54
- RT @DonWOWT: Parts of Saddle Creek underwater @WOWT6News https://t.co/j6FwvDOUqE 21:30:43
- T34 reporting numerous cars submerged underwater. Requesting OPD for traffic control. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:32:10
- RT @townley_katie: Live look @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/F7M8rA9RaE 21:32:25
- Traffic Hazard: Abbot Drive South of Eppley, Northbound.
Trees blocking the road near Terminal entrance. 21:32:56
- Still Alarm: 3015 Martin Ave
Tree on fire behind the address.
OFD: E22 21:33:36
- Hazard: 20th & Woolworth Ave. Manhole covers off. 21:34:56
- RT @elizabethmomber: *listening to it rain & reading @MeanStreetsOMA & starts singing* ????Row, Row, Row your boat gently down Saddlecreek???? #d… 21:35:01
- Everyone is out of their vehicles but are still stranded in some water. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:35:26
- "NW holding 8 priority 2 calls"
- "Many manholes covers have popped up in this area and are all over, watch where you are walking"
- RT @jbann7998: @MeanStreetsOMA best pic I could get of the tree on 45th and Browne. https://t.co/2BhO4xjn9S 21:38:44
- RT @mattgibney: Saddle Creek and Davenport completely flooded. @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/IelSoE4yB0 21:40:58
- Hazard: 22nd and Browne St.
Tree in the middle of the road. 21:42:28
- Still Alarm: 4223 Redman Ave.
Tree on a house.
OFD: T41 21:43:35
- RT @jbann7998: @MeanStreetsOMA dam!! 1/2 block from 46th Browne https://t.co/g05Tu7jrN2 21:43:37
- Swift Water Rescue: 50th and Saddle Creek
People trapped in cars in high water.
OFD: E34 21:44:22
- Still Alarm: 6108 Country Club Rd.
OFD: E43 21:45:03
- Still Alarm: 5810 S 165th St.
Smell of smoke see no fire.
OFD: E63 21:45:43
- RT @Classy_broad66: There's a tree blocking 132ed and Harrison right before the lights @MeanStreetsOMA 21:47:03
- RT @B_Kamp: @MeanStreetsOMA looks like water is almost lapping at the door to the Amtrak station behind @KETV. 21:47:16
- RT @CBSgtBudd: 8th and Broadway is under water. Just one example. https://t.co/HswMmFbVwg 21:48:05
- RT @OPDLtRamos: Use caution driving. There may be wires, branches, trees down #opd 21:48:11
- Still Alarm: 7722 Richmond Drive Wire in the trees.
OFD: E53 21:48:47
- RT @DonWOWT: Light pole down in street near Saddle Creek and Leavenworth. @WOWT6News https://t.co/j3UFxil4Ju 21:49:59
- 'Attention all Douglas County Fire Personnel Methodist Hospital is closed to all patients."
- RT @lindseytheis: Blondo from 50th to 72nd flooded/standing water. Drive safe! 21:52:34
- RT @action3news: Eppley Airfield is CLOSED. They confirm they are assessing damage. #Omaha 21:52:53
- Officers requesting more cars to assist with traffic control and to make rescues. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:54:02
- RT @cprudhon: @MeanStreetsOMA traffic lights are out at 84th and Dodge 21:54:05
- Reports say that the hospital has lost power. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 21:55:48
- RT @NickStarlingTV: Vehicle rolled over on Hwy 75 between Blair and Omaha. @action3news https://t.co/VtjmUJe1Qu 21:57:18
- RT @OPDOfcMiller: FYI – If the road your driving on has "creek" in the name, then pick a different road. 22:07:51
- RT @FauxPelini: @sgassman @MeanStreetsOMA @RustyLord OH GOD HE'S SPELLING REDRUM 22:10:36
- Accident Alert! If you go out driving right now, you will probably get into an accident. 22:12:16
- Nice night to spray pepper spray in a hotel. 22:13:05
- Water levels on Saddle Creek Road are going down. Police are helping push cars out, some will have to be towed. 22:14:49
- RT @SaddleCreekOMA: All I have to do is wait, and they come to me! https://t.co/s2he1g5utr 22:15:37
- RT @Anermel: @MeanStreetsOMA Little Papillion Creek is getting pretty high on the banks right about now. https://t.co/mVJUlJiaXQ 22:17:16
- RT @MelissaManson21: @MeanStreetsOMA Old Lincoln Highway is completely gone ???????? https://t.co/1q3MSP0iSq 22:17:29
- Omaha Rundown:
-4 OFD Medics in service
-Hospital of choice suspended
-Methodist closed to all patients
-OFD in modified weather response. 22:19:27
- -SW precinct holding 9 Priority 2 calls
-NW holding 17 P2 calls
-OPD not responding to property damage accidents. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 22:20:07
- RT @KristynaEngdahl: Several vehicles stalled on Saddle Creek — this is one. Tow trucks on hand. Water down. Still lots of lightning. http… 22:20:19
- RT @NWSOmaha: @danaklepop that's the first we've heard of that. 22:20:38
- RT @reeseclimer: Tree down on 138th and Birchwood @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/PsberXJDhR 22:20:39
- Hazard: Elmwood Park Road between UNO and Pacific St.
Large tree down in the middle of the street. Road is closed to all traffic. 22:21:16
- Brush Fire: 4910 Grand Ave.
Brush Fire in the area.
OFD: E24 22:22:12
- Still Alarm: 5530 N 16th St.
OFD: E22 22:23:39
- Andddd a Flash Flood Warning… https://t.co/hMRoTEjbfe 22:25:30
- RT @erinsorensen: The Flash Flood Warning alert that just shrieked on my phone may have given me a heart attack. 22:27:30
- If you get in a car wreck just exchange information and leave otherwise it's a 2.5+ hour wait for police to respond! 22:28:34
- Soooooo… School is cancelled for tomorrow right? 22:29:11
- RT @mike_gw: @MeanStreetsOMA scaffolding down on 14th between Cuming and Fahey. https://t.co/WbJdtkfGv9 22:33:29
-6235 Main (Power Lines Down) -6408 Whitmore (Tree Down)
-6831 N 64th (Lines Down) 22:33:36
- RT @OPDOfcShade: Treat all intersections with no available traffic signals as a four way stop! #OPD 22:34:31
- RT @emurray1: Some down trees at Eppley Airfield from the storm. https://t.co/oAoaq6C8If 22:35:01
- Still Alarm: 3522 Fort St.
OFD: E22 22:35:32
- Brush Fire: 7712 Nebraska Ave.
OFD: E41 22:38:00
- RT @PatrickHNolan: Some kind of wreck involving a Chevy Astro Van at 52nd and Dodge @MeanStreetsOMA https://t.co/bouPPf5q0L 22:39:30
- Hazard: 27th and Ellison Ave.
Lines down. 22:45:11
- RT @RCHS_Athletics: Power out. Two skylights in gym totaled (holes were they were) Water all over the gym. Still raining in. Not a good sto… 22:45:15
- RT @Cam7459: @MeanStreetsOMA don't go through Elmwood either.. Idk what's worse the tree in the street or my potato phone https://t.co/KM1Y… 22:50:10
- Midnight! 23:00:03
- This crazy night all started with a naked man doing a "Spirit Walk" downtown… good job #Omaha ???? ⛈
- Free chain link fence: 14th & Cuming Street 23:06:17
- RT @bobbyemt: Stalled cars being towed 50&Saddle Creek https://t.co/yzXNsylgrV 23:10:53
- RT @bobbyemt: Light pole down to to storm Leavenworth&SaddleCreek https://t.co/5hqy6K5J4c 23:12:42
- Vehicle Fire: 6560 N 34th Street. Vehicle fully involved on fire.
OFD: E23 23:17:19
- Also a second vehicle is on fire, sending OFD Engine 21 as well. in reply to MeanStreetsOMA 23:18:03
- Help us cover Omaha!
-real time, no BS info
-on scene pics/vids
-what's really going on in #Omaha!
- (The drunks are still drinking in the bars, oblivious to the storm.) 23:30:20
- 17,000+ @OPPDCares customers are reported to be without power.
Sorry, we don't know when the power will be back on! https://t.co/RFwX78vaU7 23:33:18
- Good news! Accident Alert is over, everyone can resume to being in the normal amount of car accidents. 23:38:50
- More @MeanStreetsOMA
-Text news tips to: 402-819-7610
-DM on Twitter 23:52:20
- "The fire alarm panel will not reset because it is full of water." #OmahaScanner 23:56:14